VISN 12 - VA Great Lakes Health Care System
About the VISN 12 - VA Great Lakes Health Care System
The VA Great Lakes Health Care System, a group of eight VA medical centers and more than 40 VA clinics, is dedicated to providing a comprehensive health care package to America's veterans. VA Great Lakes serves veterans who reside in Illinois, the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Wisconsin, and northwestern Indiana.
Our Mission is to serve the health care needs of America's veterans. This is accomplished through a comprehensive, integrated health care delivery system that provides:
- Excellence in Health Care Value
- Excellence in Service as Defined by Customers
- Excellence in Education and Research
VA Great Lakes Health Care System is also an organization characterized by exceptional accountability, and by being an employer of choice.
Our Vision is to be a veterans' health care system that supports innovation, empowerment, productivity, accountability, and continuous improvement. Working together, a continuum of high quality health care is provided in a convenient, responsive, caring manner -- and at a reasonable cost.
Our Core Values are:
- Integrity: Act with high moral principle. Adhere to the highest professional standards. Maintain the trust and confidence of all with whom I engage.
- Commitment: Work diligently to serve Veterans and other beneficiaries. Be driven by an earnest belief in VA’s mission. Fulfill my individual responsibilities and organizational responsibilities.
- Advocacy: Be truly Veteran-centric by identifying, fully considering, and appropriately advancing the interests of Veterans and other beneficiaries.
- Respect: Treat all those I serve and with whom I work with dignity and respect. Show respect to earn it.
- Excellence: Strive for the highest quality and continuous improvement. Be thoughtful and decisive in leadership, accountable for my actions, willing to admit mistakes, and rigorous in correcting them.